Macy’s Celebrates “My Funny Valentine”: Express Your Love with Great Valentine’s Day Gifts from Macy’s
Style News Wire | 2/5/2009, 3:58 p.m.
From the latest in accessories, to this season’s top fragrances, Macy’s is the place to buy your love something they’ll truly love. February 6 is also National Wear Red Day, a national charity event in partnership with the American Heart Association to benefit the Go Red For Women campaign.
• Cupid’s arrow is on target with the latest in jewelry and you won’t break the bank. Try a beautiful Murano glass necklace and bracelet at a super buy of 19.99 each. Statement necklaces made of Swarovski crystal or a box set of inspirational jewelry at a value price of 29.99 each are great ways to say I Love You. Chandelier earrings, rings and bangles with floral accents by Erika Lyons and Guess are great gift ideas as well.
• Wrap the love of your life in your arms, and also in a trendy scarf. Brighten their collection with scarves in lightweight fabrics like silk, gauze or jersey by Charter Club. Look for great new styles, which come in a rainbow of colors, including pink, coral, green, yellow, blue and prints by Ed Hardy. Neck wraps are in style, and so are pashminas by Jones New York.
• Time may have stood still during that first encounter, but now, give your love the gift of time with the most fashionable watches around. This Valentine’s Day, think color and florals. Look for watches with colorful bands for both women and men from Kenneth Cole and Nautica. There will also be plenty of color on watch faces from Guess and G Shock by Casio. Love is in the air on Valentine’s Day and watches with theme dials such as butterflies, hearts and flowers from $85 to $115 by Lucky Brand, Anne Klein and Fossil will make their hearts flutter.
• Shower your sweetheart with kisses and the top fragrance gift sets of the season. For the classic woman, try Ralph Lauren’s Romance Always Yours. He or she will know they’re “The One” with UR for Women and Usher for men from Usher. Ladies, scent-sationalize your man with Aqua di Gio from Giorgio Armani. Stretch your budget with these great gifts from $50-$75.
• Let their heart skip a beat with fashionable gifts for both him and her. Graphic print Love Tees at only $40 make a great gift for her. Lacoste solid polos for him are a great Valentine’s Day buy, in a variety of colors. Ladies fashion trends will concentrate on dresses and sensual tops with romantic sleeve details. All eyes will focus on the waistline with drop waist, belted, and sashed tops. Plus, this Valentine’s Day look for embellishment such as stones, beads and sequins.
• Don’t keep your secret crush hidden any longer, instead reveal yourself with the newest styles in intimate apparel. Silk and satin are sexy this season, and come in a mixture of innerwear and outerwear, such as babydolls, in Valentine red and pink by Jones New York and Biatta.
• Make your little funny valentine smile with a two-fer vest in an all-over heart print for girls 7-16. In little girls, fashion is all about Hello Kitty. Hello Kitty screen print and light up tops, skorts, tunics, and matching leggings are a hit with little girls.
• Still not sure what to buy your Valentine? Everyone loves a Macy’s Electronic gift card. They can be used at anytime, never expire and are perfect for that special someone.
Wear Red on February Sixth and Save!
As a national sponsor of the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women movement, Macy’s is ramping up for February in celebration of American Heart Month. Macy’s will invite customers to support the movement with special weekend-long savings in honor of national Wear Red Day on February 6. Beginning on Wednesday, February 4, through Sunday, February 8, Macy’s will offer an extra 20 percent off on a broad selection of merchandise throughout the store for those donning the signature heart health color. For those who forget their red, customers can purchase a Go Red For Women Red Dress pin for $2 and receive the extra 20 percent savings. All pin proceeds will benefit the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women movement.
Whatever your heart’s desire – to delight, surprise, amuse, or woo – Macy’s has the perfect object of affection for your object of affection!