2015 Buick Lacrosse Enhanced With OnStar 4G LTE
Reginald Dominique | 12/6/2014, 12:50 p.m. | Updated on 12/6/2014, 12:50 p.m.
The Buick LaCrosse enters 2015 building on the momentum of comprehensive updates introduced the previous year – attributes and features that helped it earn a Consumer Guide Best Buy award for 2014 – adding greater technology through new OnStar with 4G LTE and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, IntelliLink with Text Messaging Alerts and Siri Eyes Free. They enhance connectivity, giving customers a stronger wireless network and more options for the infotainment features that are increasingly part of everyday life.
OnStar with 4G LTE and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot provides a mobile hub for drivers and passengers to stay connected. The hotspot is on whenever the car is on and comes with a three-month/three-gigabyte data trial.
The 2015 LaCrosse is offered in front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations and offers two powertrains: a 2.4L engine with eAssist light electrification technology (FWD only) or a 3.6L direct-injected V-6 (FWD and AWD). Each is paired with a six-speed automatic transmission.
Four trim levels are offered: LaCrosse (1SB), Leather (1SL), Premium I (1SP) and Premium II (1SR). Standard equipment on all models includes:
- Eight air bags, including rear-seat thorax air bags
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control with full-function traction control
- Four-wheel anti-lock brakes with Intelligent Brake Assist
- OnStar (complimentary six months of Directions and Connections service)
- Premium audio system with AM/FM/SiriusXM Radio/XM Travel Link (with three months of service), Bluetooth, USB port, CD player, auxiliary input jack, steering wheel-mounted controls, Buick IntelliLink eight-inch color touch-screen radio
- Rearview camera system
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Remote keyless entry
- Power windows with driver and front passenger express up/down
- Heated and power outside rearview mirrors
- Electric parking brake
- High-resolution full-color driver information center
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror
- Eight-way power driver seat in addition to four-way power lumbar
- Remote start
- Universal Home Remote.
Buick’s QuietTuning engineering process is standard on all models. It reduces, blocks and absorbs unwanted noise, making LaCrosse one of the quietest cars in the segment.
Additional changes for 2015 include three new exterior colors: Deep Garnet Metallic, Dark Chocolate Metallic and White Frost Tricoat.
Experience Buick Protection on all 2015 Buick models includes two years/24,000 miles of scheduled maintenance, including oil changes, oil filter changes and tire rotations. It complements Buick’s four-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty and six-year/70,000-mile powertrain limited warranty.
The LaCrosse’s appearance is instantly recognizable as a modern Buick, with light-emitting diode (LED) lighting elements that enhance its technologically advanced presence. The headlamp housings, for example, have a more angular appearance and LED signature accents. They are also positioned slightly outboard to reinforce the car’s presence.
Bi-Xenon high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps are available on Leather and Premium I and II models. Their enhanced brilliance improves visibility, and they are energy-efficient and environmentally friendly (mercury-free). The HID headlamps are articulating, turning with the direction of the front wheels to enhance visibility around corners.
At the rear, a full-width chrome accent reinforces the car’s stance, while fully integrated exhaust outlets (3.6L models) are framed with a chrome finish within a new rear fascia. It’s a more integrated appearance designed to show Buick’s attention to detail. An integrated rear spoiler is incorporated in the trailing edge of the deck lid for greater aerodynamic performance, and wraparound LED taillamps provide a safety benefit by illuminating more quickly than conventional bulbs when the brakes are applied.