2015 Buick Regal Connectivity Enhanced With OnStar 4G LTE
Reginald Dominique | 12/6/2014, 1:01 p.m. | Updated on 12/6/2014, 1:01 p.m.
The Buick Regal – a previous recipient of Kelley Blue Book’s Brand Image Awards –adds new technologies for 2015, offering customers greater connectivity that complements lifestyles that are more connected than ever. They include OnStar with 4G LTE with and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, as well as IntelliLink with Text Messaging Alerts and Siri Eyes Free.
OnStar with 4G LTE and standard built-in Wi-Fi hotspot provides a mobile hub for drivers and passengers to stay connected. The hotspot is on whenever the car is on and comes with a three-month/three-gigabyte data trial.
The new features build on the vehicle-wide enhancements introduced in 2014, making the European-bred midsize sedan a smarter choice for customers seeking technology-infused performance matched with the brand’s signature luxury and refinement.
Regal is available in four trim levels, including GS. They are: Regal (1SL), Premium I (1SN), Premium II (1SP) and GS (1SX). Standard features on all models include:
- Six air bags, including side curtain air bags
- StabiliTrak electronic stability control with full-function traction control
- Four-wheel anti-lock brakes with Intelligent Brake Assist
- OnStar (with six months of Directions and Connections service)
- Fog lamps (except GS)
- Cruise control
- Power windows with driver and front passenger express up/down
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Eight-inch color touch screen radio with Buick IntelliLink, AM/FM/Sirius XM (three months of service) stereo with CD player and auxiliary input jack, USB ports, SD card and Bluetooth wireless connectivity for select phones
- Leather-appointed seating
- Heated driver and passenger front seats
- Twelve-way power driver’s seat
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror
- Rear-vision camera system
- Electric parking brake
- Ice blue ambient lighting.
Additionally, radar- and camera-based safety features – including rear cross traffic alert, lane change alert, side blind zone alert, lane departure warning, forward collision alert and collision mitigation braking – are available. Adaptive cruise control is also offered. It senses traffic in front of the Regal to adjust vehicle speed, including stopping the vehicle in heavy traffic and accelerating again.
An advanced Haldex all-wheel-drive system is also available with the 2.0L turbo engine, giving Regal drivers the most of traction in all driving conditions – and enhancing the cornering capability of the Regal GS when driven in the GS mode of the Interactive Drive Control System.
Experience Buick Protection on all 2015 Buick models includes two years/24,000 miles of scheduled maintenance, including oil changes, oil filter changes and tire rotations. It complements Buick’s four-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper limited warranty and six-year/70,000-mile powertrain limited warranty.
Regal wears the appearance of contemporary Buick, with cues that reinforce its low, wide proportion and convey an upscale ambience through technology. The prominent, sweptback headlamps are available in two versions, including halogen projector beams and Xenon high-intensity discharge.
Available LED daytime running lamps form a distinctive wing profile above the headlamps, designed to give the Regal an unmistakable signature on the road, and at the rear, LED wing-shape taillamps give the car a familial look. A chrome accent bridges the taillamps to further enhance Regal’s wide stance.
GS models are distinguished by unique front and rear fascias, exclusive 19-inch wheels (20-inch wheels available) and a lowered ride height. Seventeen-inch and 18-inch wheels are offered on all other Regal models.