2015 Buick Regal Connectivity Enhanced With OnStar 4G LTE
Reginald Dominique | 12/6/2014, 1:01 p.m. | Updated on 12/6/2014, 1:01 p.m.
Ten exterior color choices are offered (six offered on GS): Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic (new for 2015), Copper Red Metallic, Quicksilver Metallic, Summit White, Black Onyx, Crystal Red Tintcoat, White Diamond Tricoat, Smoky Gray Metallic, Champagne Silver Metallic and Black Diamond Tricoat. Later in the year, Dark Chocolate Metallic and Emerald Green Metallic will be offered on a special, limited basis.
The 2015 Regal’s interior blends sculptural beauty and refinement with technology, centered on Buick’s next-generation IntelliLink infotainment system. The instrument panel “center stack” houses the system’s eight-inch color touch screen. It is designed for easy operation with intuitive controls and smartphone-influenced swipe recognition for easier navigation.
The center stack is also home to the dual-zone climate controls which, like the IntelliLink screen, feature capacitive-touch operation – and are framed in chrome.
A high-resolution, 4.2-inch color display is the focal point of the instrument cluster, delivering vehicle information, navigation, audio system functions, phone features and more. In Regal GS, an eight-inch configurable color instrument cluster screen is standard. It allows the driver to customize the displayed information with adjustments via steering wheel controls. This premium instrument display is framed with chrome accents and delivers chronograph-style graphics in two modes: Touring and Sport. It is also complemented with a pair of semicircle mechanical instruments for the tachometer and other vehicle functions, befitting of the GS’s driver-oriented mission.
Four interior color/trim combinations are available, all featuring standard Soleil Keisel leather seating:
- Light Neutral seating with Cocoa accents and Rhythm wood décor
- Ebony with Echelon Warm décor
- Ebony – exclusive to the GS – featuring contrast stitching and Diamo Black décor, including a black headliner
- Saddle with Ebony accents
Additional interior features include:
- Standard dual-zone climate control
- Standard seven-speaker sound system on base and Premium I models
- Bose® nine-speaker premium audio system is standard on Premium II and GS
- Full-range adaptive cruise control is available on Premium II and GS
- E-Z Key passive entry system and keyless push-button starting is standard on Premium I, Premium II and GS
- Remote vehicle starter is standard on Premium I, Premium II and GS (not available on GS with manual transmission)
- Standard rear-vision camera system
- Standard heated front seats
- Standard leather-trimmed front and rear seats
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel – with exclusive sport wheel on GS
- Heated steering wheel is standard on Premium I, Premium II and GS
- Standard power windows with driver/front passenger express up/down and rear-passenger express down.
IntelliLink and OnStar with 4G LTE
Regal’s standard IntelliLink system gives customers the best of both worlds when it comes to infotainment. It provides easy, intuitive operation of basic functions, yet it is also highly customizable and capable of linking up to 10 devices such as smartphones, SD cards and MP3 players, giving users more ways of staying connected.
Enhanced connectivity and convenience includes a new Text Messaging Alerts feature for smartphone users with Bluetooth profile (M.A.P.), which reads incoming texts through the vehicle’s speakers, and Siri Eyes Free for iPhone iOS 6 and iOS 7 users to enhance connectivity and convenience. Each enables voice-controlled connectivity, to help keep phones safely stored and hands on the wheel.