Suge Knight Pleads Not Guilty In Robbery Case
Willie Grace | 11/6/2014, 12:11 p.m. | Updated on 11/6/2014, 12:11 p.m.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Suge Knight has pleaded not guilty to a robbery charge filed over an incident in which a celebrity photographer accused the Death Row Records founder of stealing her camera.
Knight, 49, appeared in a Los Angeles courtroom Wednesday and had his bail set at $500,000. He was arrested in Las Vegas last week and fell while in jail, and his attorneys said he bruised his head and neck.
Knight and comedian Katt Williams were charged with robbery Oct. 29. Both are charged with taking the photographer’s camera in Beverly Hills on Sept. 5. Police say they are still investigating the incident.
Williams, 43, is scheduled to be arraigned in the case on Dec. 24 and faces up to seven years behind bars if convicted. The comedian has starred in several comedy specials and appeared in films such as “First Sunday” and “Friday After Next.”
Knight’s attorney, James Blatt, said he expected his client to be exonerated in the case and looks forward to presenting it to a jury.
For more information go to http://www.blackamericaweb.com