Kid Tested & Approved Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Jo-Carolyn Goode | 3/3/2015, 10:32 a.m.
By Janet Tharpe
Our favorite chocolate and peanut butter cookies are only for sale one time a year. But, if you keep Gary Hancq’s Chocolate Pie with Peanut Butter Crust recipe on hand, you can enjoy your favorite cookie all year around! This is a SUPER easy recipe—perfect for kids to jump in on and lend a hand.
See step-by-step photos of Gary’s recipe plus thousands more from home cooks nationwide at:
You’ll also find a meal planner, coupons and chances to win! Enjoy and remember, use “just a pinch”...
“This is quick and easy!”
- Gary Hancq, Port Byron, IL (pop. 1,647)
What You Need
3 c crispy rice cereal
1 1/2 c peanut butter, smooth
2 pkg (small) instant chocolate pudding or 1 large box
Milk per package instructions (Note: you will use only 2/3 of recommended milk)
Whipped topping or whipped cream, optional
• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
• In large bowl mash crispy rice cereal to medium-fine. Then add peanut butter. Mix and incorporate well.
• Press and line a pie plate with mixture.
• Bake crust at 325 degrees for 30 minutes to firm up crust. Then let crust cool.
• Mix chocolate pudding per directions but use just 2/3 of recommended milk (this makes the pie firmer. Place in refrigerator to firm and chill.
• When crust has cooled, add cooled pudding mixture. Chill in refrigerator until time to serve.
• When served, add whipped topping and shaved chocolate if you choose.
For more recipes, visit www.justapinch.com/chocolatepie