JCPenney Unveils A Galaxy of Star Wars Merchandise
Jo-Carolyn Goode | 9/8/2015, 5:06 p.m.
PLANO, Texas – (Sept. 4, 2015) – Starting today, Star Wars fans will be descending on JCPenney stores across the country to take advantage of all-new Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise in celebration of the movie’s upcoming theatrical release on Dec. 18. Available in most JCPenney stores and at jcpenney.com, customers can find an array of apparel, accessories and bedding from Star Wars: The Force Awakens featuring designs found only at JCPenney. While stocking up on new Star Wars gear, customers will also have the opportunity to pose for out-of-this-world pictures with life-size cut outs of Chewbacca, Kylo Ren and a Stormtrooper.
“Star Wars films have become a pop culture phenomenon that spans generations, giving parents the opportunity to share their passion for Star Wars with their kids,” said Liz Sweney, chief merchant for JCPenney. “Our exciting assortment of new Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise, combined with our vast selection of products from the classic Saga, will allow fans to make JCPenney their ultimate Star Wars destination this fall.”
Star Wars memorabilia available at JCPenney now includes:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
• Guys’ graphic tees, including designs of characters BB-8, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma, original price $20
• Kids 4-inch character figurines, original price $20 each, coming soon
• Juniors boyfriend tee featuring a collage of droids, original price $20, coming soon
• Comforter and sham featuring Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren, original price $50 – $100
Star Wars Classic
• R2-D2 kids blue strap digital watch, original price $15
• Kids lightsaber toy, original price $20, coming soon
• Boys Star Wars pajamas, original price $36
• Folded Starfighters flyer kit, original price $43
• Yoda pillow buddy, original price $50
• Millennium Falcon Cuff Links, original price $60
• Darth Vader stainless steel and black earrings, original price $74.98
• Star Wars classic comforter and sham, original price $50 – $100
• Chewbacca stainless steel pendant necklace, original price $108.32
• Stormtrooper stainless steel ring, original price $116.65
JCPenney will begin promoting its Star Wars collection on Sept. 9 with a dedicated TV spot showcasing its assortment of Star Wars product. The collection will also be supported by additional social and digital marketing elements, including engaging Star Wars fans across social media with free JCPenney gift cards and Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise throughout the fall.
J. C. Penney Company, Inc. (NYSE: JCP), one of the nation’s largest apparel and home furnishing retailers, is dedicated to fitting the diversity of America with unparalleled style, quality and value. Across approximately 1,020 stores and at jcpenney.com, customers will discover a broad assortment of national, private and exclusive brands to fit all shapes, sizes, colors and wallets. For more information, please visit jcpenney.com.
About Lucasfilm Ltd.
Lucasfilm Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects and audio post-production, cutting-edge digital animation and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
Lucasfilm, the Lucasfilm logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © 2015 Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
For more information, visit jcpenney.com.