Children’s Museum of Houston spotlights Vietnamese Mid-Autumn Festival with stories, song and dance!
Saturday, Sept. 22 starting at 10 a.m.
Style Magazine Newswire | 9/11/2018, 9:37 a.m.
Revel in the majesty of the moon and the joys of the harvest as we celebrate the Vietnamese Mid-Autumn Fest at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Explore this holiday with a variety of Asian traditions and check out the Museum’s new “Dragons & Fairies: Exploring Viet Nam Through Folktales” exhibit. Don't forget to bring your camera!
Lion Dancers: Watch the Khai Tri Academy perform a traditional lion dance.
Event Time: 11:30 a.m. in Brown Auditorium.
Vietnamese Story Time: Experience traditional tales during a mini language lesson in Vietnamese.
Event Time: 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. in Parent Resource Library.
DIY Costume Workshop and Fashion Show: Design a Mid-Autumn Fest costume for our fashion show.
Event time: 12:30 to 2 p.m. in Brown Auditorium.
Lantern Parade: Show off your lantern in a traditional parade with your friends and family.
Event time: 3:30 in Kids’ Hall Alcove.
• Full Moon Silhouettes: Paint a silhouette against a moon background in Alexander Art Academy.
• Earthly Patterns: Make a chatterbox for moon phases, tides, seasons and more at EcoStation.
• Mid-Autumn Festival Mask: Craft a mask in celebration of Mid-Autumn Fest at Junktion.
• Paper Lantern: Design a lantern to light up your way at Junktion.
• Au Co Fairy Wings: Become the honored mother of Vietnamese civilization at Junktion.
• My Weight on the Moon!: Explore your mass and weight in the moon at Science Station.
WHEN: Mid-Autumn Festival, Sept. 22, 2018, starting at 10 a.m.
*Activities, events and times subject to change.
WHERE: Children’s Museum of Houston, 1500 Binz St., Houston, TX 77004
For more information, visit www.cmhouston.org or call (713) 522-1138.